Some of the Society's accomplishments include:
- Establishment of a unique museum in the Caleb Burns house built in 1849 and acquired by the Society in 1977.
- Volunteer planting of historic herb garden and rose arbor.
- Relocation of the 1883 Hickory Grove one-room country schoolhouse to the museum site
- The completion of a three-story museum to display Nodaway County artifacts and to house historical material and documents for the Nodaway Count Heritage Collection, the Nodaway County Genealogy Society, and the Nodaway County Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution.
- Presentation of historical and entertaining programs